The history and beauty of Santa Barbara and the Central Coast run rich and deep. With the Chumash arriving here over 13,000 years ago, Spain’s colonization through the Missionaries in the late 1700’s, a relatively short rule by Mexico, to the Mexican-American War in the mid 1800’s- all of these events shaped Santa Barbara into the beautiful town it is today. Countless stories within this history inspire us at Barbareño to create dishes that celebrate our local culture and history.
To continue learning about our local culture and history, we’re seeking inspiration from our community. We’ve created the #Icon_SB Photo Contest to give people the opportunity to share their own photos that capture Santa Barbara’s or the surrounding Central Coast’s history, culture, and beauty. These photos could be of a historic building, local landmark, natural feature, or anything that showcases our unique history and culture. Lower on our blog are stories we’ve heard and believe are special to Santa Barbara and the Central Coast. These stories are great examples of what we’re looking for.
Chef Julian will use the winning photo as inspiration to create a new dish to be featured on our menu for the winter season. For each dish sold, we will donate 10% of the proceeds to the Foodbank Santa Barbara County. We will also display the winning photo with name of the photographer in our restaurant. Our hope is to encourage the local community to explore this beautiful region, get creative, and to share their knowledge while giving back to the community.
- Post a picture that captures Santa Barbara’s historic or iconic beauty to your Instagram or Facebook with the hastag #icon_sb.
- Contest will run from October 1 to midnight October 31.
- Instagram will now allow you to post photos in any format, so feel free to post wide format shots!
- Only one entry per person.
- Winners will be announced via our Blog, Instagram, and Facebook.
- 1st Place – Free coursed dinner for two with wine pairings on a date of your choice. As well as having your photo displayed in Barbareño, and a free print done on wood from Color Services Photo Lab!
- 2nd Place – A magnum of Jaffurs Santa Barbara County Syrah.
- 3rd Place – A free Chef’s Plate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments!